Friday, December 28, 2012

Round Trip at Bukidnon's Southern Municipalities

When going to a particular place, I don't go on fiestas or araw ng barangays because of people flooding the area, but I decided to try and capture places while having their fiestas. The first place I went to is Barangay Salawagan, Quezon, Bukidnon.

Last October 6, 2012, my friend invited me to come to their place and have pakals (my favorite hehehe) because its their fiesta on the 7th. I accepted the invitation and hurriedly packed my things. In my mind, i know I can rarely reach southern Bukidnon, so I thought of going to the secret falls of Maramag - the falls I have knowledge of thanks to TREKERO (author is my co-blogger and idol Kuya Christopher Diaz).

Since we came from a party the morning of October 6, we were drained and tired but still we have to go. We waited for a bus at 6pm bound for Davao City, but we rode a bus heading to Kadingilan. The remedy to that is to stop at Maramag and wait for a bus to Davao at the terminal. Upon reaching Maramag Terminal, we waited nearly an hour until a bus bound for Davao shows up! We reached Brgy. Salawagan about 9pm.

When we reached their house,food were everywhere! We're very hungry so we get and get every food we can to satisfy our angry stomachs! Lechon Manok and Baboy, humba, meat dishes were plenty, but hey, this is once a year event. After dinner, we settled on the living room where we will sleep that night.

Morning came and the cool breeze flood through me! Its cold in Quezon too! We had breakfast and different dishes were on the table! "Busog napod ko ani" I said to myself.

By 10am, I left Salawagan and head to Camp 1, Maramag in search of the illusive falls, but before that, I stopped over at Quezon's Poblacion.

Freedom Park, Barangay Poblacion, Quezon, Bukidnon

Skyline of Poblacion, Quezon, Bukidnon.
I boarded a multicab heading Maramag and stopped at Camp 1. The Maramag Falls journey is on this blog.

It was already noon, still too early to go home. Since it was Poblacion, Damulog's fiesta, I decided to go there and visit my batchmates. I boarded a multicab bound for Kibawe. While on the way, I saw great improvements on the province's southern municipalities. From Don Carlos up to Kibawe, it was superb!

Reaching Kibawe, I contacted my batchmate who informed me about the fiesta and we went further south to Damulog on his motorcycle. Either side of the highway has spectacular views of mountains and fields and further away I could see the Cotabato plain (Damulog is the southernmost municipality of Bukidnon, has border with Cotabato province.)

We finally reached Damulog. It was my first time to set foot there. As expected, swarm of people flood the streets. Upon reaching our friend's house, food is everywhere! Desserts, Lechon Baboy, Meat dishes! The things I love to eat.

The Damulog Municipal Hall during Barangay Poblacion's fiesta. 
Its 3pm and I need to go home because I have an appointment at 5pm. My friend and I then head back to Kibawe where the buses are. I bid goodbye to my good friend and rode on a bus going to Valencia City because I'm in a rush. I reached Valencia by 5:50pm. I still need to ride a bus leading me to Malaybalay City. I reached Malaybalay by 6:40pm, 1 hour and 40 minutes late but its ok.

It has been 10 years since I last saw the south. I am very glad that they improved and wishing that it will not stop there.

FIESTA MODE
Bukidnon's 3rd District
Salawagan, Quezon
Poblacion, Quezon
poblacion, Damulog
October 6-7, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment