Saturday, March 23, 2013

SAND...in Bukidnon?!

Bukidnon geographically is a landlocked province, meaning it has no shoreline. The nearest point between Macalajar Bay (an arm of the Bohol Sea) and Bukidnon is at Manolo Fortich. The Puerto - Mambatangan trip alone would justify the elevation and the expected landscape of the province - rolling hills and plateaus. But last February 16, I saw a shocking discovery!

SAND! Yes, SAND! inside Bukidnon! It was really unexpected.

About 120 kilometers away from Cagayan de Oro City, this site marveled me. As I touched the ground, it is like the sand in an average coastline. Theories came on my mind why such exists.

I discovered the place when I went to my batchmate's residence from my lone travel to Lake Apo. He suggested that I should see the Pulangi River because it is just less than 100 meters away from the national highway. After a short trek, I finally saw the Pulnagi River, but with a surprise:

Pulangi River with a sandy riverbank.

Pulangi River (facing the direction of Barangay Batangan).

The site when I first walked in.
These photos are shot at Barangay Hagkol, Valencia City, Bukidnon. A rare sight, I was amazed by its sandy riverbanks of the Pulangi River.

When I get back to this site, I'll try to find out its components.

Pulangi River
Barangay Hagkol, Valencia City
February 16, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment