Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Nuestra Seniora del Pilar Parish

Last March 23, I was invited to witness a spectacular event, a wedding and a bunyag of a baby.

The couple are not really close to me but because of my exploring ventures, the bride invited me. The bride is my friend's sister. She knew me because I went to their barangay fiesta last October and because the bride knew that I'm going on a trip alone, she called me "DORO THE EXPLORER", a name that never came up to me.

I haven't thought that she could still remember me and I'm thankful for that. Its been a long time since I saw the Municipality of Quezon.

The Nuestra Seniora del Pilar Parish is a striking church located at Barangay Poblacion, Quezon, Bukidnon. Under the Diocese of Malaybalay, it is governed, along with all the cities and municipalities of Bukidnon with the inclusion of the Municipality of Wao of Lanao del Sur, by the bishop of such diocese.

Side view of the Parish.

Inside the parish. The cross has a blue backlight, which to me is very appropriate.

The Nuestra Sniora del Pilar Parish viewed from the Davao-Bukidnon Highway.

Inside the parish.
The parish symbolizes the strength of the Christian faith in Quezon, Bukidnon. Being at the Poblacion, it is the center of Quezon's outstanding belief to Christ. Still improving, I believe that it will stand as a great symbol, giving hope to Quezonians and stand as marker of God's love to His children.


Nuestra Seniora del Pilar Parish
Barangay Poblacion, Quezon, Bukidnon
March 23, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment